2018 has been my best wedding year yet – and I can’t be more excited about what 2019 will bring. I rang in the New Year coordinating a wedding for Events by Katherine which had so many unique elements – not the least of which was cake cutting with a Samurai sword!
How could 2018 not be great after that?!
- Riverbed Farm in Anaheim seems like a wonderful best kept secret. If you’re looking for rustic charm – this is your place! It’s set among vegetable gardens and wood chips, which farmhouse tables and an adorable ceremony area. Crystal and Martin were also incredibly loving, and welcomed their young daughter up to the ceremony when she was having some separation anxiety from mommy ❤
- Carbon Canyon Regional Park: This is one of the few weddings I had a chance to blog about this year, so you know I really loved it. Sometimes, all you need for your ceremony decor is nature! We recently took the boys to a Christmas even at this park, and discovered a beautiful woodsy area in the park that I’m sure would also be a stunning ceremony location.
- Driftwood Kitchen: if you’re looking for something intimate with spectacular views, it doesn’t get much better than this. Jennifer and Jahir had an intimate ceremony and reception in the upstairs room of Driftwood Kitchen, with large windows looking out to the ocean. This was the first ceremony where I also did partial coordinating just for some of the decor set up – sometimes all you need is an extra pair of hands for an hour or two!
- Charthouse in Dana Point: I’ve officiated at this venue before (on New Year’s Eve, 2017!), but this was one of a couple weddings for 2018 where I was lucky enough to be the officiant AND coordinator. This is a beautiful location for outdoor ceremonies with an ocean view.
- Muckenthaler Mansion: this seems like another hidden gem of a wedding venue. Beautiful little venue with separate areas for the ceremony, reception, and an art gallery!
- Vibiana: I finished out the year by driving outside of my usual geographic area and officiating a ceremony in LA. I’m so thankful that I don’t suffer from stage fright or performance anxiety, because this altar would have been terrifying! It’s an impressive and LARGE venue. It also has confessionals along the sides which I have to imagine get pretty interesting towards the end of the night!
All in all, I officiated 18 ceremonies, and coordinated 5 weddings (two of them were officiating and coordinating, and all but one day of coordinating were through the wonderful Events by Katherine team). Thank you to all the wonderful couples that found me and decided I was a good fit for their ceremony. I love being a part of these special days for everyone.
Here’s to a happy and prosperous 2019!