What is the process like if we hire you?
- We have an initial consultation where we go through and fill out The Merry Ministers Intake Form, which asks for basic information about your wedding (date, venue, size, etc.), as well as information about the kind of ceremony you would like and what aspects you’d like to incorporate into your wedding. After this initial consultation, I send you an initial draft of your ceremony transcript based on the information I received from you, and then we have a second consultation if necessary to fine tune the transcript and make sure it’s perfect!
Do you take care of the wedding license?
- Yes and no. You have to obtain your wedding license, but we make sure it’s filled out after your ceremony and mailed to the clerk-recorder.
Where do we get our marriage license?
- You must get your marriage license from your local clerk-recorder. Some counties allow you to fill out the marriage license application online, and make an appointment to pick it up. Highly recommended! Keep in mind that both of you have to appear in person to pick up the marriage license.
- If you’re getting married/live in Orange County, click here for general information, and here to fill out the online application. Fees are $61 for a public marriage license, and $66 for a confidential marriage license.*
- If you’re getting married in Riverside County, click here for general information on obtaining a public wedding license. You cannot fill your application out online, but you can download and fill it out before heading to the county clerk’s office. Fees are $90 for a public marriage license, and $100 for a confidential marriage license.*
- If you’re getting married/live in Los Angeles County, click here for general information, and here to fill out the online application. Fees are $91 for a public marriage license, and $85 for a confidential wedding license.*
- If you’re getting married/live in San Diego County, click here for general information and to download the application. You must have an appointment to obtain your wedding license in San Diego County. Fees are $70 for a public marriage license, and $89 for a confidential marriage license.*
What if we live in one county, but are getting married in another county?
- A public/regular marriage license allows you to get married in any county in the state of California. If you obtain a confidential wedding license, it can only be used in the county it was issued.
When should we get our marriage license?
- Your marriage license will be valid for 90 days, so do not get your marriage license more than 90 before the date of your ceremony!
Does your fee include filling out and sending out the marriage license?
- Yes; our fee includes meeting with you (in person if possible, or via skype, phone, facetime, etc., if distance does not permit multiple in person appointments), working on your ceremony transcript, performing the ceremony, filling out your license, and mailing it to the county clerk’s office.
Are there any extra fees for your service?
- Yes and no. Although we are willing to travel, we may have to charge an extra $50 if your ceremony is located in the outer perimeter of the counties we work in. There are no other additional fees for our services.
When do we have to pay you?
- Payment can be made before your ceremony, or on the day of your ceremony (at the latest).
- If you are hiring us for a ceremony and rehearsal, we require a $100 deposit to hold your date. No deposit is required for ceremony only.
What happens once we contact you?
- We will set up a time when the three of us can get together to discuss the details of your ceremony, and how you would like your ceremony. After that, one of our officiants will work on your ceremony until it’s just the way you want it!
Will we receive our marriage certificate automatically?
- No, you have to mail a payment to the county clerk in order to receive your certified copy. The fee for marriage certificates in all four counties is $15.00.*
- Orange County: $15 each and can be obtained in person or by mail.
- Riverside County: $15 each, and you can fill out the application to request your certified copy here.
- Los Angeles County: $15 each, scroll down towards the bottom for information on marriage records. Click here to fill out the application to request your certified copy by mail.
- San Diego County: $15 each, can obtain in person or by mail. Click here to fill out the application to request your certified copy by mail.
Got other questions?
Email us at: email@example.com
*All fees are as of 7/13/2014. Before sending payment, you should check with your county clerk recorder and verify that these fees have not changed.